Does this describe you? Some of the time? All of the time? Not at all?
If you would like to develop your or your teams leadership capabilities and performance take a look at our Hospitality Leadership Programme and Case Studies. You may also like to view our latest Hospitality Leadership Videos for further support.
1. Emotional Intelligence
- I am fully aware of what triggers me to experience negative emotions and can manage this to achieve successful outcomes
- I am fully aware of what triggers my staff to experience negative emotions and can help them manage that positively to achieve successful outcomes.
2. Inspiring and engaging staff
- I ensure all my staff are trained with the latest skills to identify, manage and meet guest expectations
- I actively listen weekly to my staff's thoughts on the customer feedback they have received, and their suggestions on how to improve the guest experience.
- I empower and encourage my staff to make small achievable changes to improve the guest experience every week.
- I am open, honest and supportive with my staff and ensure I am easily accessible and approachable.
- I recognise immediately the staff that have delivered great service to encourage those behaviours to be repeated
- My language is positive, encouraging and demonstrates a can do attitude.
- I give in the moment feedback to staff to help them improve and continue doing what is great
- I measure staff performance through observation and weekly coaching conversations so that everyone knows what is expected of them.
- I talk with guests every week and ask for feedback on our guest experience
- I share guest experience stories with my team every week and make them aware of our business performance and that of our competitors.
4. Problem Solving
- I take care to define each problem before solving it and ask lots of questions about the nature of the problem.
- I ensure I have all the information I need to solve a problem.
- I strive to look at problems from different perspectives and generate multiple solutions
- I always find a solutions, ensure others understand and support my solution and monitor the effectiveness of this solution.
- I do what I can to avoid that problem reoccurring.
5. A guest centric role model
- I am committed to a clear vision of the guest experience my guests value and all my decisions support this.
- I know what emotions my guests want to feel from our guest experience at the key touch points.
- I know and care what my customer's opinions of our behaviours and actions are.
- I passionately role model the behaviours I want to see in my staff all the time.
- I employ people who have a positive attitude, love serving people and accept our vision and remove people who do not.